Friday, July 4, 2008

Out here they call it "Victory"

I've been doing co-op with Paperbagrecords, an indie label in Toronto, and it has thusfar been an absolute blast. I've always been interested in the Canadian indie music scene, so this way I get the best of both worlds, art AND music! In addition to the work being fun, the people I work for are ridiculously awesome, which just makes the whole experience even better.

I made a poster today; they ended up going with a vertical layout for postering reasons, but I thought I'd post my favourite version.

10 comments:

JuanCarlos said...

THIS IS GREAT!!!!
I want a copy!! SANS TEXT!!!!

And I dont get your joke on my blog explain NOW

Ryan Christiani said...

I am slightly frightened for these paper bags at that event, I hope people see them and they don't become trash bags...or body bags. Which ever works best I think.

I also believe the joke is a sports reference as well as a go at the national post...if I am not mistaken.

Anonymous said...

Those little bags are neat!!

I envy your job, woman. And I should've read this before I sent that email.

So in case it seems I'm redundant, it's not because I lack brain: wait, nevermind

-Lora

Greg Dubeau said...

Ahahahahahahah, this makes me think of you and Shauna when you two go dancing. It's cute to death.

Yuta Onoda said...

it's so good! you designed everything by your self?? i want a copy too!

Chris Coles said...

Wow! Awesome poster, Irma! not only do you work for your placement, you totally "work" for your placement.

Anonymous said...

Too cute for words! If I ever have something that needs drawings I will call you and be like "hey lady, can you draw me this, k thanks".

Good story.

Unknown said...

Ohhhhh goodness, every-time i check your work i get a little smirk developing. Good work, nice to see your enjoying your coop!

Rey O said...

i enjoy this, lots!

Irma Kniivila said...

Thanks, guys!

I think we should totally get a print sharing network going next year, 'cause I know there's gonna be a lot of ridiculously rockin' work happening.